- 200 g wheat flour
- 100 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 140 g Alsan, in small pieces
- 1 knife point vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest freshly grated
- 1 orange, zest freshly grated
- icing sugar
- handful raspberries, frozen
- chocolate coating
- baking paper
- For the dough: add flour, sugar, a pinch of salt and Alsan to a bowl. Wash lemon and orange, dry and grate zest. Add zest to the other ingredients together with the vanilla. Knead everything, wrap it in foil and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Churn dough on a well-floured plate into rectangular form with 8mm thickness. Cut into strips of 80 x 8mm. Put strips on a baking tray, lined with baking paper and bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Put raspberries in a pot and boil them until totally liquid. Strain them through a sieve and simmer with some icing sugar into a chewy mass.
Dip cooled shortbreads into the raspberry mass with one end. Also possible with chocolate coating instead of raspberry mass. Place the matches on a baking tray and let them dry.
Our tip: The matches look brilliant on a Christmas table with some nice tea.
Portion: 80 matches