For the base:
150g organic spelt flour
50g Amarettini cookies, crushed
50g ground almonds
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
100g icing sugar
1 pinch salt
The paste of one vanilla pod
1 pinch of grated tonka bean
125ml vegan alternative to yoghurt
50ml sunflower oil
Juice and zest of an organic lemon
1 tsp apple vinegar
125ml sparkling water
For the topping:
120g vegan alternative to whipping cream
120g vegan alternative to soft cheese
50g light almond butter
1 tsp vanilla powder
4 tbsp Amaretto
Toasted flaked almonds
Fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) upper and lower heat.
2. Put the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix, and fold in carefully.
4. Pour the batter into a cake tin (a round one is best) and bake for approx. 30-40 minutes on the middle shelf.
5. Then leave to cool for a few minutes, remove from the cake tin and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
6. In the meantime, prepare the topping. First, wash and halve the strawberries.
7. Mix the remaining topping ingredients, apart from the flaked almonds and mint leaves, to make a cream, and spread it on the gateau base.
8. Arrange the strawberries on the cream, scatter with the flaked almonds and garnish with mint.