For the shortcrust pastry base:
250g wheat flour
½ tsp salt
120g Violife alternative to butter
For the filling:
150g silken tofu
125g water + 30g MYEY alternative to whole egg
100ml lemon juice
100g sugar 50g CORNSTARCH
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Zest of 1 organic lemon
For the meringue:
100g water + 15g MyEy alternative to egg white
75g water + 1 tsp agar agar
1 pinch salt
1 pinch baking soda
For the decoration:
Zest of half an organic lemon
1. For the shortcrust pastry base: Add the flour, salt, and chilled vegan butter to a mixing bowl and knead to make a smooth dough. Then wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Now roll out the chilled dough between two sheets of baking paper or on a floured work surface, and lay into a 26cm-diameter cake tin. Press the dough firmly and evenly into the cake tin, and prick several times with a fork.
2. Bake blind for 10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius/390 degrees Fahrenheit (convection oven).
3. For the filling: Whisk the water with the MyEY alternative to whole egg in a mixing receptacle until foamy, before adding the sugar little by little.
4. Blitz the rest of the ingredients in a blender, and fold in the alternative to beaten egg.
5. Pour the mixture into the pre-baked shortcrust pastry base, cover with aluminum foil and bake for approx. 35 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius/320 degrees Fahrenheit (convection oven).
6. For the meringue: Whisk the MyEy alternative to egg white in a mixing receptacle with 75g water, a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda. Add 100g of sugar little by little.
7. Mix 75g sugar with the agar agar and water, and bring to the boil. Simmer for around five minutes, stirring often. While still warm, slowly fold the mixture into the whisked alternative to egg white.
8. Leave the mixture to cool, then pipe onto the lemon layer.
9. Sprinkle with sugar, flaked almonds and lemon zest, then place under a medium grill for a few minutes until brown.