1 sheet vegan puff pastry
½ tsp vanilla powder
1 tbsp instant vanilla pudding powder
Vegan alternative to cream for brushing the pastry
1 tbsp cane sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
Juice of half a lemon
75ml apple juice
1. Peel, core and cube the apples.
2. Mix the apple pieces in a bowl with the cane sugar, cinnamon, vanilla powder, lemon juice, instant pudding powder and the apple juice.
3. Boil the mixture in a saucepan while stirring constantly, then set aside to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) (350°F (320°F fan)) and set out a baking try with baking paper.
5. Cut the puff pastry sheet into rectangles and lay them out on the baking tray.
6. Spread the cooled apple mixture on one half of each of the rectangles. Cut slits in the other half so the steam can escape during baking. Now fold over the rectangles to make turnovers and press the edges together with a fork. Next, brush with vegan alternative to cream and sprinkle with cane sugar.
7. Bake the apple turnovers for around 10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!