¼ slice of a preserved lemon from Belberry
1 tbsp Vantastic Foods nutritional yeast flakes
2 tbsp Seeberger almonds
80g Violife Gran Prosociano
125ml Calvi-Pinzimolio extra virgin olive oil
2 bunches of flat-leaf parsley
2 bunches of basil
1 clove of garlic, peeled
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1. For the pesto, wash the herbs thoroughly and only use the leaves.
2. Blend all the ingredients in a mixer or using a hand blender, adding olive oil as you go, until you have a creamy mixture.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
4. Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan.
5. Add the pesto to the pasta while it’s still hot, and mix through well.
6. Serve on a plate, season with pepper and, if desired, add grated Violife Gran Prosociano.