3-4 dry dates
200g vegan cookies
100 g vegetable margarine
2-3 tbsp. almonds, ground
600 g apples
225 g vegan alternative to cream cheese
200 ml vegan alternative to soy cream, sweetened
4 heaped tbsp. San-Apart
5 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 lemon, juice and zest
3 tbsp. sugar cinnamon mixture
- For the cake flan: chop vegan biscuits and dates finely in a blender. Mix crumbled biscuits, ground almonds and date puree. Melt margarine over low heat in a saucepan and add to the biscuit and almond mixture, mix everything thoroughly to form a sticky mass.
- Spread cake crust dough evenly in a springform pan and flatten with your hands.
- Peel apples and cut them into small strips. Put apple pieces in a large saucepan, sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mixture and low heat on the stove in a pot, stirring occasionally until al dente. Depending on the variety of apple this can take 5-10 minutes.
- Give vegan alternative to soy cream in a tall vessel and whip with an electric mixer.
- Give vegan spread in a mixing bowl with powdered sugar, San-Apart and finely grated lemon zest, stir until creamy and season with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add whipped soy froth to the spread.
- Fry sliced almonds in a frying pan without oil until golden brown and spread evenly over the cake spread. Sprinkle a handful of cinnamon sugar on the surface. Let the cake rest in the fridge for one hour minimum before serving.
Portion: 6-12 people / 12 pieces
A recipe by Sophie Matisz