1. First, make the batter for the base. Whisk the rice flour, cornstarch, coconut milk and hot water together in a mixing bowl until all the lumps are gone.
2. In a second bowl, whisk coconut milk, palm sugar and salt to make the topping batter.
3. Now heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat. As soon as the pan gets hot, fill each hollow of the pan – or a biscuit cutter – with the base batter until 2/3 full. After a few minutes, the batter will become firm.
4. Now, fill the last third of the hollow with the topping batter. After just a few minutes more, the topping batter will have gone from liquid to firm. Before it becomes completely solid, you can add other ingredients such as desiccated coconut, dried fruits or cinnamon.
5. Finally, place pairs of pancakes together to make a ball, with the coconut milk sides in the middle.