- 50 g cukier puder
- 1 tbsp + 1-2 tsp soy drink
- vegan alternative to chocolate drops
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 150 g Wheat flour
- 75 g Sugar
- Big pinch of salt
- 100 g Alsan, cool
- Pinch Vanilla, grounded
- Lemon, peel scoring
- 200 g Wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 100 g Sugar
- 2 Packings of vanilla sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 40 g Cocoa, de-oiled
- 50 ml Sunflower oil
- 150 ml Soya drink vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup, alternatively: 3 tbsp apple sweet
- 2 tbsp Plum butter (alternatively: apricot or apple butter)
- Baking paper
- Some hot spiced wine, for icing
- Some jam, for sticking the decoration
- Little pretzels
- Best prepare the eyes a day before making the muffin-bears, so they have time to become hard: for that purpose mix powdered sugar and maize starch in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp soy drink (best a pure white sort) and stir it to a smooth mass. Stir in 1-2 small tsp of the soya drink as necessary: the mass should be hard, but viscous.
Now put small heaps (diameter: ca. 1 cm) of the mass with the help of a little spoon or a syringe on a baking paper and carefully place a chocolate drop in the middle. Let the eyes become hard in the refrigerator overnight.
- For the shortbread-cookies mix all dry ingredients as well as lemon peel scoring in a bowl. Add Alsan in small pieces and knead everything thoroughly into a homogeneous shortcrust. Let the dough rest for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator, wrapped into cling film.
- Roll out the cold shortbread-shortcrust on a liberally floured working space ca. 3mm thick and excel small, round or heart-shaped biscuits, put them on a covered baking tray and bake them in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for ca. 10-12 minutes. Then let the biscuits cool down on the baking tray.
- Now for preparing the chocolate muffins mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining liquid ingredients and work them with a hand mixer to an equally batter. Give 2 tsp of the dough in every muffin-form and bake he muffins in the pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes and let them cool down completely before decorating.
- For the decoration lightly cut in the muffins on two sides with a knife and insert pretzels as „ears“.
Spread apricot jam on the lower side of a round or heart-shaped shortbread-cookie and stick it on the muffin.
Take the eyes carefully away from the baking paper (best with a sharp knife) and stick them with some jam on the muffins.
Stir some powdered sugar with a few tsp of hot spiced wine to a smooth and tough-hard icing and put one blot of the mass as „nose“ on the biscuit on the muffin. Alternatively you can take chocolate drop as „nose“, just fix it with some jam on the biscuit.
Coat the remaining shortbread-biscuits with the remaining hot spiced wine-icing.
Our tip: Our chocolate muffin-bears are best served with some sweet partners, e.g. the delicious cookies from our Christmas-bakery (Vegan Bakery CHRISTMAS COOKIES, 500g) as well as with the many different Christmassy specialties from our shop!
Portion: ca. 12 Muffins
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly