Ingredients (for two people):
2 red peppers
a little olive oil, for brushing
- Wash peppers and cut into wide wedges. Brush the pieces with a little olive oil and put them on a baking tray with baking paper. Grill about 10-15 minutes at 180 °C in a preheated oven.
- Wash the tomatoes for the chutney and carve the bottom crosswise with a knife. Put the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water and let them cook for a few seconds, remove and peel the skin. Quarter tomatoes and remove the seeds with a small spoon. Dice the pulp.
- Peel onion and garlic and chop finely. Heat some olive oil in a pan, sauté onion and garlic pieces shortly therein. Add sugar and caramelize while stirring.
- Add small diced tomatoes and cook while stirring occasionally over medium heat in a closed pot for a few minutes until soft. Season chutney to taste with salt, freshly ground pepper and Worcestershire sauce - let cool slightly.
- Boil unpeeled potatoes in saltwater until underdone. Shortly rinse with cold water and peel. Grate the half-baked potatoes in a bowl. Wash zucchini and grate finely (with rind). Mix flour with the grated vegetables, salt and pepper, season with a little chili. Heat the olive oil in the pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of mash. Form into round shape, using a fork and flatten in patty size. Bake from both sides until golden brown.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry organic vegetables burger from both sides. Plate a mash patty with some fresh lamb’s lettuce, place vegetable burger on top und cover with chutney. Sprinkle with fresh garden cress and cover the burger with a second patty. Serve still hot with grilled pepper pieces from the oven.
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz