For the wreath:
1 pack vegan puff pastry
150g vegan alternative to grated cheese
125g vegan alternative to bacon
6 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
A little vegetable oil
For the dip:
200g vegan alternative to sour cream
A handful of fresh basil
½ tsp coarse grain mustard
1 pinch sugar
Salt and pepper
For the Easter wreath
1. Unpack the vegan puff pastry sheet. Using a rolling pin, roll out the sheet of dough so that they become around 2cm wider, then cut them lengthways once and three times crosswise, so that you have 8 rectangles. Cut each of the rectangles in half diagonally. In the end, you should have 16 triangles of equal size.
2. Grease the bottom of a springform cake tin (diameter 26cm) with a little vegetable oil.
3. Now place the triangles in a circle so that they overlap, in such a way that the long pointed ends face outwards. It should look like a sun.
4. Now it’s time to place the filling on the lower part of the wreath. First, brush the pesto onto the dough. Then scatter the vegan bacon cubes, the sliced cherry tomatoes and, finally, the vegan alternative to grated cheese and some basil on the puff pastry.
5. Now fold the pointed ends of the puff pastry triangles inwards, over the filling.
6. Place the wreath with the springform cake tin base on a baking tray, and bake in a preheated oven (400 °F/200 °C upper and lower heat) for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
For the dip
7. Wash the basil and radishes, pat them dry and chop finely.
8. Then mix all the dip ingredients together and serve with the stuffed wreath.