“Obatzter” (Bavarian cheese delicacy):
100g vegan alternative to camembert
100 g vegan alternative to soft cheese
1 tsp paprika (sweet)
a pinch of caraway seeds
half a small onion (or one shallot)
Salt and pepper
400g potatoes (waxy)
2-4 gherkins (depending on size)
1 onion (or 2 shallots)
4 tbsp neutral oil
3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar (depending on how acidic you want your dressing)
4 radishes half a bunch of chives
Salt, pepper and sugar
Vegan alternative to white sausage
Vegan alternative to “Leberkäse”, a traditional German meat product
1. To make the vegan “Obatzter”, chop the vegan alternative to camembert into very small pieces. Chop the onion very finely as well. Mix both of them with the vegan alternative to soft cheese, the paprika and the caraway. Add salt and pepper to taste, and leave to stand for at least half an hour.
2. For the potato salad, boil the potatoes (with skins on) in plenty of water until soft. Then cool them off briefly under cold water before peeling them.
3. Cut the boiled potatoes into slices. Wash the radishes and cut them into slices as well. Chop the onion and gherkins finely into cubes.
4. For the dressing, mix together the vinegar and oil with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
5. Chop the chives finely and mix with the potatoes, radishes and onions as well as the dressing. Season to taste and leave to stand for at least half an hour.
6. Shortly before serving, prepare the vegan alternative to white sausage and the vegan alternative to Leberkäse according to the instructions on the packet. Serve everything with mustard, as well as additional side dishes if desired.