Ingredients for the parfait
80g replacement for egg whites
200ml plant-based alternative to cream
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Lebkuchen spice mix (Christmas cookie spice)
1 pinch cinnamon
3 pieces of vegan Lebkuchen (German spiced Christmas cookies)
Ingredients for the plums poached in red wine
1 tbsp cornstarch
100ml red wine
20g brown sugar
Juice of one lemon
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise pod
24 hours before your dinner
1. Prepare the vegan “egg white” according to the instructions on the packet, and whip until you have stiff peaks. Set aside.
2. Cut the Lebkuchen (spiced Christmas cookies) into small pieces, and set aside too.
3. Whip the soy cream with the sugar, cinnamon and Lebkuchen spice (Christmas cookie spice). Fold in the whipped “egg white” and the pieces of Lebkuchen.
4. Pour the mixture into a loaf tin and freeze overnight.
On the day of your dinner
1. For the plums poached in red wine: start by washing, halving and stoning the fruits.
2. Take two tbsp of red wine and stir into the cornstarch to make a smooth paste.
3. Bring the rest of the red wine to the boil with the plums, the brown sugar, cinnamon stick, clove and the lemon juice, while stirring. Stir in the cornstarch and wine paste.
4. Cover and simmer for around 15 minutes.