Ingredients (for five people):
- 100g oat flakes
- 40g spelt pops
- orange (juice, freshly squeezed)
- 25g ginger, candied
- 100g trail mix
- mandarin (juice, freshly squeezed)
- 60g vegetable margarine
- 60g brown sugar
- 60g agave syrup
- vegan alternative to chocolate, white
- 30g cashew seeds
- 30g almonds
- 25g cranberries
- 25g dried physalis
- Insert the spelt pops in freshly squeezed orange juice for about 10 minutes.
- Chop nuts rough and cut candied ginger into small pieces. Mix oatmeal, spelt pops, walnut pieces, dried fruits and oranges in a bowl.
- Melt vegetable margarine over low heat in a saucepan and Stir the brown sugar and agave syrup into. Deglaze with freshly squeezed mandarin juice and simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture caramelize.
- Allow the caramel mass to cool down for 2-3 minutes and mix thoroughly with the dry ingredients. Spread cereal mass about 2 cm high on a baking sheet, laid out with baking paper and press the surface smooth with a wooden spoon. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top and fresh press the surface evenly using a breakfast board or other object with a flat surface. Allow everything to cool about 15-20 minutes and cut into bars.
Our tip: Melt 50g vegan alternative to white chocolate (or dark chocolate) in a double boiler and decorate the finished cereal bars!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz