Ingredients (for two people):
RICE NOODLE SALAD:
150g rice/glass noodles
bunch spring onions
150g snow peas
lime (juice and zest)
2 teaspoons agave nectar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
200g marinated tofu
handful of sesame
- Give glass noodles in a bowl with boiling water. Let them rest for 4-5 minutes, then draw.
- Cut spring onions into thin rings. Core chilliand chop finely. Wash carrot and grate finely.
- Wash snow peas and cut the ends. Put them for a few minutes in simmering water with a little salt and draw. Rinse with cold water and cut into fine strips.
- Squeeze juice of half a lime and pour into a bowl. Whisk with sesame oil, vegetable oil, salt, agave syrup and freshly grated lime rind. Fold the marinade and the vegetables in the noodles and let it stand briefly.
- Cut tofu into wide strips. Unroll strudel dough and cut small square pieces (according to the length of the tofu strips). Wrap the tofu pieces with strudel squares and brush the ends of the dough with a little water so that they stick together.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and fry the wrapped tofu strips until they are brown and crispy. Put the wrapped pieces on a paper towel and let them drain. Sprinkle with sesame. Serve the warm crispy tofu with the cold noodles and a small bowl of soy sauce.
Our tip: Our crispy tofu tastes wonderfully with all the spicy tofu variations, e.g. smoked tofu!
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz