For the stock:
12g dried shiitake mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic
100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
1 head of pak choi
1 tsp miso
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chili sauce
2l vegetable stock
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp agave syrup
3 tsp lime juice
1 tsp peanut butter
1 sheet of nori
For the topping:
Vantastic Foods “Chicken Chunks”
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in a bowl with 200ml of hot water for 15 minutes. Then drain, save the water for later and chop the mushrooms finely. Peel the onion, garlic and ginger, mince them and sweat them in a large saucepan in which you’ve heated some sesame oil. Add the rehydrated shiitake mushrooms.
2. Clean the fresh shiitake mushrooms and pak choi, then cut into halves. Peel the carrot and chop into sticks. Mix the miso paste, soy sauce and peanut butter in a small bowl before adding to the saucepan and sweating with the rest of the ingredients for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients (apart from the fresh shiitake mushrooms, pak choi and carrot sticks), add the mushroom stock from earlier, and leave to simmer for at least 30 minutes. Then pass the stock through a sieve before returning it to the saucepan. Add the fresh shiitake mushrooms and leave to simmer for five minutes. Then add the pak choi and carrot sticks to the stock, and simmer for another five minutes.
4. Prepare the ramen noodles according to the instructions on the packaging.
5. Fry the “Chicken Chunks” in sesame oil in a pan until crispy, then add a dash of soy sauce and leave to one side.
6. Wash the cilantro and scallions, then chop finely.
7. Top the vegan miso ramen with “Chicken Chunks”, sweetcorn, beansprouts, scallions and cilantro, and serve with the ramen noodles.