300 g frozen peas
400 ml vegetable stock
200 g butter beans (canned)
2-3 tbsp vegan curd substitute
1 lemon, grated zest
2 tbsp walnut oil
2 tsp horse radish
Black pepper, freshly ground
1-2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
Some olive oil
Lemon basil or regular basil
- Cook frozen peas over medium heat in vegetable stock for 6-8 minutes until done.
- Drain butter beans and puree together with curd substitute until a fine consistency is achieved.
- Puree cooked beans – at will coarse or finely.
- Mix peas puree and bean puree in a bowl and add lemon zest, walnut oil, horse radish and season to taste with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Chop basil leaves or lemon basil finely and mix them into the puree.
- Peel onion, slice finely and roast shortly in a pan with some olive oil. Remove onion rings from the pan and roast baguette slices from both sides in the remaining oil.
Rub the surface of the baguette with a half garlic clove and serve with the cream. Serve roasted onions as topping for the cream.
Our Tip: Crispy fried vegan smoked bacon adds a spicy note to the cream!
Portion: 3-4 people
A recipe by Sophie Mathisz