1 kg potatoes, waxy
1 tb onion lard
200 ml vegetable stock
1 tsp agave syrup
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sweet mustard
1 tbsp horse radish
250 g bush beans
200 g peas, frozen
½ bunch chive, finely chopped
optional: vegane alternative to sour cream
vegetable oil for frying
black pepper, freshly ground
6-8 vegan alternative to sausages, Franconian style
- Cook potatoes with peel in boiling water until done, pour off water, fill pot with cold water and let rest. Peel and cut into slices.
- Peel onion and dice finely. Put lard in a pan and heat at medium temperature. Sweat onions in lard for a few minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock in a bowl, add onions directly from the pan, salt, agave syrup, oil, vinegar, sweet mustard and horse radish. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Wash bush beans and cut off edges, halve and simmer in salt water until done. Add bush beans to the potato slices after cooking.
- Add frozen peas to the still hot salt water and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add peas tot he potatoes after cooking.
- Wash radishes thoroughly, dry and cut into fine slices. Add to the potatoes.
- Chop chives finely, mix with the salad dressing und pour over the vegetables in the bowl. Mix potato salad and dressing and let rest in the fridge for a while.
- Remove outer leaves of the cauliflower and rinse with cold water. Dry and halve; cut 1 cm wide strips from the halves. Mix a little olive oil with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the cauliflower. Heat some vegetable oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower from both sides at medium heat slowly.
Fry vegan alternative to sausages in a pan and serve with freshly fried cauliflower, potato salad and some vegan alternative to sour cream.
Portion: 3-4 people