- 1 Hokkaido-pumpkin á ca. 800 g
- 2 pears
- 2 onions
- 1 piece ginger, freshly grated
- Some oil for frying
- 200 ml water
- 1 can chopped tomatoes á 400 g
- 3 tbsp tomato or paprika paste
- 100 ml vinegar
- 80 g sugar
- 3 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Wash and halve Hokkaido-pumpkin. Core with a sharp edged spoon, cut into large pieces and grate (with peel). Wash pears and grate them also. Wash and finely dice onions. Peel ginger and grate finely.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the diced onions. Add grated pumpkin and fry for 5 minutes while stirring. Pour water in the pan, add pears and ginger and cook with closed pot lid for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add chopped tomatoes from the can, tomato-paste (or paprika-paste), vinegar, sugar and spices. Mix everything and let cook for another 20 minutes with closed pot lid over medium heat.
- Remove pot from the oven and puree with a blender. Fill in clean jars while still hot and seal tight! Let jars cool and store in the fridge.
Our tip: Try the ketchup for your next level curry sausage experience! Get the vegan sausage from our shop (Vantastic Foods VEGGIE BOCKWURST (2 Stück), 200g) and start cooking!
Portion: 1l Ketchup
Recipe: Sophie Mathisz / Photo: Marcus Maly