Preparation time: 15 minutes
1 head of red leaf lettuce, or red chicory
1 romana lettuce
1 handful small cherry tomatoes
Half a cucumber
1 handful sunflower seeds
8 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp agave syrup
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the red leaf lettuce and romana lettuce, and drain well.
2. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Chop the cucumber into cubes or strips.
3. For the dressing, mix the olive oil, white wine vinegar and agave syrup, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Next, fillet the orange. *
5. Now place the MEGGLE Grilled Dumplings with fried onions on a well-preheated grill. Depending on the strength of your grill, grill the dumplings on full heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Alternatively, fry the dumplings with a little oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat for around 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the tomatoes and cucumbers. Mix with the dressing.
7. Next, chop the grilled dumplings into cubes and scatter over the salad as croutons.
8. Finally, garnish the salad with the filleted oranges and the sunflower seeds, and there you have it: a perfect colorful salad!
*Tip to get the perfect orange fillets: Firstly, slice the top and bottom off the orange generously, using a straight cutting movement. Now, use a sharp knife to slice away the peel from top to bottom, also slicing the pith away completely. To cut the fillets out, it’s best to place the orange in your hand and then slice to the left and the right of the membrane between each segment, all the way through to the center. This way, the fillets will fall out automatically.