400g chestnuts, cooked
2 sprigs of tarragon
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp alternative to butter
100ml vegan Port wine
Squeeze of lemon
750ml vegetable stock
200g vegan alternative to créme fraîche
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch nutmeg
1 tsp sunflower oil
White bread + star-shaped cookie cutters
1. Melt the vegan alternative to butter in a saucepan.
2. Chop the onions finely and sweat them until them begin to brown. Add the parsnip, garlic and tarragon, and leave to braise for 5 minutes. Pour in the Port wine and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add 750ml of vegetable stock and the chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a pan. Cut out stars from the white bread using the cookie cutter, and fry them until golden brown. Set aside.
4. Add the alternative to creme fraiche and a squeeze of lemon to the soup, and blitz with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Serve, and garnish with the O’Fraiche, lingonberries and star-shaped croutons.