Ingredients (for four people):
150g soy schnetzel (slices)
200ml BBQ and seasoning sauce
250g basmati rice
100g frozen peas
1 carrot, finely grated
1 red pepper, finely diced
5-6 spring onions, finely sliced
6 Tbsp hazelnut oil
3 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
½ Tsp salt
1 Tspagave syrup
black pepper, freshly ground
1 handful of lemon balm, freshly chopped
- Cook the soy vegan soy meat in 500ml of hot water and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes. Drain the soaked soy meat and rinse with cold water, then gently squeeze out access water with your hands. Put the soy meat in a bowl, cover with barbecue sauce and mix thoroughly so that all the soy meat is evenly covered with sauce. Finally, pin the pieces on the wooden skewers and fry them on both sides until crispy.
- Put the rice in a large saucepan and cover with twice the amount of water and add a pinch of salt. Let it simmer on medium heat. Drain the rice and rinse with cold water, drain and let it cool in a bowl.
- Add the frozen peas to a put with salted wated and cook them. Also drain and rinse with cold water when done.
- Peel and finely grate carrot. Wash peppers and cut into fine dice. Cut green onions into thin rings.
- Stir hazelnut oil with vinegar, salt, freshly ground pepper and agave syrup into a dressing. Fold in the finely chopped lemon balm.
- Add chopped and grated vegetables to the cooled rice, add the dressing and mix everything thoroughly. Let the salad soak for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
Marinade the soy meat to taste with sweet, sour or hot sauces!
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz