Ingredients (for seven people):
- 160g vegetable margarine
- 100g sugar
- 200g wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana (about 150 g)
- 1 lemon, fresh grated rind
- 100ml mineral water, sparkling
- 50 g vegetable margarine
- 100g icing sugar
- 150g frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (about 60 g)
- alternatively: 2 tablespoons vegan alternative to yogurt or cream cheese
- 3 heaped tablespoons almond flour
- alternatively: 3 heaped tablespoons coconut flour
- 200g dark chocolate
- cutters in Heart Shape
- paper straws (or thick wooden skewers)
- Stir vegetable margarine and sugar creamy. Add flour, a pinch of salt and baking soda and stir with to a homogenous dough, using a mixer. Puree the banana with a hand blender to a fine pulp puree and mix thoroughly with freshly grated lemon rind into the dough. Pour mineral water last and stir everything into a smooth dough. Grease springform or line with baking paper. Spread the cake batter evenly into the cake tin and bake at 180 °C in a preheated oven 35-40 minutes.
- Whip margarine with icing sugar until creamy with an electric mixer. Thaw frozen raspberries for a few minutes and puree with a hand blender to a fine mash. Add raspberry jam and vegan alternative to coconut cream (or alternatively soy yogurt) to the sugar-margarine mixture and stir for a few minutes to a smooth, uniform cream.
- Loosen the finished cake from the springform pan and let it cool for about 20 minutes. Crumble the cake with in a mixing bowl, using sour hands. Add raspberry cream and almond flour and mix a few minutes with an electric mixer until smooth dough is formed. Line a large cutting board or a shallow dish with clingfilm, give dough on it and spread on approximately 2 cm high. Cover dough with a second layer of clingfilm and using a breakfast board to smoothen the surface. Put dough and the lower breakfast board in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cold dough from the fridge and stab the heart out of it. Place the hearts on a clingfilm covered surface again and insert the straws. Put the plate with the prepared raspberry hearts back in the freezer (1-2 hrs.).
- Meanwhile, melt bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler. Quickly dunk the cold raspberry hearts in the melted chocolate and allow to drain. Make some ready glazed hearts with the stem in a tall glass and keep in the refrigerator until consumption.
Our tip: When decorating raspberry Valentine's Pops the imagination knows no boundaries, for example, with the cake decoration set of Biovegan
26 raspberry hears total
Recipe by Sophie Mathisz