For the batter:
200ml oat milk/almond milk
50g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
20ml vegetable oil
100ml sparkling water
1 pinch salt
For the chocolate sauce:
150g Schakalode buttons, original
150ml alternative to cream
2 tbsp alternative to butter
1 fresh red chili pepper
1. Mix all the dry ingredients for the batter in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the wet ingredients gradually until you have a smooth batter.
3. Wash the chili and chop finely.
4. Melt the alternative to butter in a pan over a low heat, and leave the chili to infuse in it for around 10 minutes. Pour the butter through a sieve and retain it for later.
5. In a saucepan, melt the Schakalode with the alternative to cream and the sugar. Stir the chili butter into the sauce.
6. Heat the waffle iron and grease with a little plant-based margarine. One bit at a time, turn the batter into golden brown waffles.
7. Dust them with icing sugar and garnish with fresh strawberries and the chocolate sauce.