250g Bauckhof wheat flour
200g Violife vegan alternative to butter
2 tsp Biovegan Bourbon vanilla
1 tsp grated lemon zest
100g caster sugar
1 pinch salt
150g blackcurrant jelly
50g icing sugar
+ cookie cutters (of at least two different sizes)
1. Begin by mixing the flour, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the vegan alternative to butter (cut into pieces) and knead in until you have a smooth dough.
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the refrigerator for around an hour.
4. Once the hour is up, preheat your oven to 180°C fan (320°F fan) and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface until it’s around 3mm thick.
6. Cut out cookies with any cookie cutters you have to hand.
7. Now use a smaller cookie cutter to cut a hole in the middle of half of the cookies.
8. Lay out all the cookies on the baking tray you’ve prepared, and bake for around 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
9. In the meantime, heat the blackcurrant jelly in a saucepan so that it’s easier to spread.
10. Use a spoon or a piping bag to spread jelly on all of the cookies which are going to be “underneath”.
11. Sprinkle icing sugar on all the cookies which are going to be “on top”, and then place them on the cookies which have been spread with jam.